How Sardar Patel did not become first PM of India?(Video)October 30, 2007
It was a meeting in Delhi to decide new president of Congress and Gandhiji said that whoever would be a new congress president will take an oath as a first prime minister of India. Jawaharlal Nehru, Sardar Patel and other Congress leader were present in this crucial meeting.
Gandhiji declared in this meeting that out of 15, 12 regional Congress committees had suggested Sardar patel’s name as a president (and thus as the first prime minister of India) and only one had suggested Shri Krupalaniji’s name who took his name back in favor of Jawaharlal Nehru. So Gandhiji said that now there were two candidates Jawaharlal Nehru and Sardar Patel.
Gandhi asked Jawaharlal ‘Jawahar none of the regional committees has suggested your name and only working committee has suggested your name, what do you think?’ Jawaharlal Nehru wanted to become prime minister so he did not answer this question and just kept looking at the floor. Gandhiji immediately understood what Jawaharlal’s wish was. Gandhiji wrote a note on a paper and gave it to Sardar Patel who was siting just next to him. Sardar read that note and imidietly took his name back.
Thus Jawaharlal Nehru became first prime minister of India instead of deserving Shri Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. This was major major injustice to Gujarat and India. Jawaharlal gave us Kashmir problem, China war, wrong socialist development model and his daughter, daughter’s son, his wife and her children to rule India.
Watch this in the video above. Video is taken from a Ketan Mehta directed and Paresh Rawal acted movie Sardar. Every Gujarati must have film ‘Sardar’ c.d.
- Gujarat govt studying UP and MP laws on Love Jihad: Nitin Patel
- Multipurpose Sports complex, cricket ground inaugurated in Bibipura
- Gujarat CM inaugurates mega mid-day meals kitchenbuilt by Reliance Foundation in Jamnagar
- Night curfew in four major cities of Gujarat extended further
- Ram Janmabhumi Mandir fund collection in Gujarat: Rs. 18.61 crore from Morari Bapu, 11 crore from Govindbhai Dholakia, 5 crore from Kabutarwala
- ટોચના પાંચમાં કોનું ઉતરાણનું કમ્યુનિકેશન કેવું રહ્યું?
- Jamnagar to have a State level Sports Museum named after Jam Ranjitsinh: Rupani
- માધવસિંહના યુરોપ પ્રવાસની પૂર્વભૂમિકા