Modi,Ahmedabad blasts and more in Gujarat’s Ganesha PandalsSeptember 03, 2008
Modi,Ahmedabad blasts and more in Gujarat’s Ganesha Pandals
By Team DeshGujarat
Ahmedabad, DeshGujarat, 4th of September, 2008
Reflections of Contemporary issues can be seen this year in Gujarat’s Ganesha chaturthi festival. Ahmedabad bomb blasts, fight against terrorism, horse trading in Indian parliament, Ramsetu, Amarnath shrine board dispute and Narendra Modism are some of the popular issues that are presented thematically in Ganesha pandals by hard-working organizers.
Visit a middle size Ganesha pandal at Isanpur area of Ahmedabad and you can witness four statues of politicians like Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi, Dr.Manmohan Singh and Lalu Prasad Yadav standing side by side with Lord Ganesha. Poster of Indian parliament is on the back.
Pandal’s organizer said “We wish politicians of India from different political parties come together like this. We were hurt seeing horse trading activities in parliament on TV. We have therefore put Indian parliament’s poster in background. This is our theme this year in Ganesh utsav.”
In Maninagar’s Shivashakti Yuvak Mandal Ganesha pandal, Lord Ganesha’s one foot is on the globe over which words “Terrorism free world” are written. Lord Ganesha’s another foot is over group of terrorists.Ramsetu and Amarnath shrine board issues are depicted in large paintings and presented in back ground.Chief Minister Narendra Modi pays visit to this pandal every year.
At another pandal in the city, theme of Ahmedabad bomb blasts is presented. Tiffin bomb hanging over bicycle, bomb defusal squad, Models of bombs that were used in Ahmedabad blasts are presented in the theme decoration.
Presence of Narendra Modi’s statue can be witnessed at more than one pandal this year. While in one pandal Narendra Modi’s statue is with Sonia Gandhi, Lalu and Manmohan Singh, at another Pandal Modi’s statue is carrying Lord Ganesha on his shoulder.
- Ahead of winter session of parliament, PM attends all-party meeting
- Extension works of Ahmedabad Metro Rail up to Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar would commence in June – 2020
- ACB in central Gujarat nabs Sarpanch and revenue employee red-handed taking bribe
- Amid ongoing high-voltage drama over Swami Nityanad Ashram run school in Gujarat, Police gives 'clean-chit' of sorts to the religious group
- Union health ministry launches nation-wide SAANS campaign from Gujarat to bring down Pneumonia caused mortality rate in Children
- ECI to establish a Visiting Chair in memory of former CEC T N Seshan: CEC Arora announces in Gujarat