Bhuj-Naliya Broad Gauge rail line sanctionedOctober 16, 2008
Bhuj-Naliya Broad Gauge rail line sanctioned
New Delhi, Press Information Beureu, 16 October, 2008
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, Government of India today gave its approval for taking up gauge conversion of Bhuj-Naliya (101.24 kms) and with extension to Vayor (24.65 kms) at a cost of Rs.318.24 crore. Out of this Rs.238.24 crore will be funded through Budgetary Support and Rs.80 crore will be given by Cement Industries in the area.
The existing Metre Gauge link Bhuj-Naliya was constructed in late 1980’s on strategic consideration. After completion of gauge conversion of Ghandidham-Bhuj Section, this MG section has become isolated and is closed for traffic at present.
Gauge conversion of Bhuj-Naliya section will tap the freight traffic of this rich mineral belt and cement industries of Kutch district of Gujarat. Besides this, conversion of this MG section into BG will also connect border areas of Gujarat with rest of the country.
- Afghan students living in Ahmedabad, Gujarat; a feature
- Overhead water tank fall slightly differently than as planned during demolition in Ahmedabad
- Art and Music galore at Dhal Ni Pol Festival
- Procurement of groundnut at MSP begins across 145 centers in Gujarat
- Nityanand Ashram case: Father of the two ladies approaches Gujarat High Court, files habeas corpus petition
- Moderate tremor of 4.3 intensity in Kutch district of Gujarat, no damage reported