Pakistan releases 99 Gujarati fishermenNovember 25, 2008
Pakistan releases 99 Gujarati fishermen
Ahmedabad, DeshGujarat, 25 November, 2008
Pakistan government on Tuesday released 101 Indian prisoners from Malir Prison and Central Jail in Karachi. This lot includes 99 fishermen from Gujarat who were arrested by Pakistan Marine Security Agency in year 2006 and had already completed their terms of imprisonment.
All 101 prisoners were sent to Wagah Boarder via buses to enter India on Wednesday. Relatives of Gujarati fishermen are jubilant in Saurashtra part of Gujarat. They first heard about possible release two days back when Pakistan Fishermen Forum leader called his Indian counterpart and informed about this.
Superintendent Malir Jail Ashiq Ali said that there are at least 455 Indian fishermen at Malir Jail, of them, 99 fishermen have been released in the first phase.
- 78% happy with Modi govt performance, Shah best minister, Yogi best CM: Mood of The Nation Poll
- AMC declares 17 more Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 17
- 1074 new cases of Covid-19 detected in 24 hours in Gujarat
- PM to launch financing facility under Agriculture Infrastructure Fund
- News in brief from across Gujarat
- AMC declares 20 more Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 17
- DGP Ashish Bhatia orders a 15-day drive by Gujarat Police to find out missing children
- 1074 new cases of Covid19 recorded in Gujarat in 24 hours