Pakistan releases 99 Gujarati fishermenNovember 25, 2008
Pakistan releases 99 Gujarati fishermen
Ahmedabad, DeshGujarat, 25 November, 2008
Pakistan government on Tuesday released 101 Indian prisoners from Malir Prison and Central Jail in Karachi. This lot includes 99 fishermen from Gujarat who were arrested by Pakistan Marine Security Agency in year 2006 and had already completed their terms of imprisonment.
All 101 prisoners were sent to Wagah Boarder via buses to enter India on Wednesday. Relatives of Gujarati fishermen are jubilant in Saurashtra part of Gujarat. They first heard about possible release two days back when Pakistan Fishermen Forum leader called his Indian counterpart and informed about this.
Superintendent Malir Jail Ashiq Ali said that there are at least 455 Indian fishermen at Malir Jail, of them, 99 fishermen have been released in the first phase.
- Traffic restrictions, alternative routes on February 24 from 8 am onward till Nasmte Trump function/visit conclude
- Chitra Bharati Short Film Festival kicks off at Gujarat University
- No early-summer like temperatures on Trump's Gujarat visit day
- All you want to know about world's largest Motera cricket stadium
- Dahej - Ghogha RORO ferry service to resume from February 24
- HM Amit Shah's trip to Gujarat today cancelled, likely to come on February 25