Former Gujarat Chief Minister Chhabildas Mehta deadNovember 29, 2008
Former Gujarat Chief Minister Chhabildas Mehta dead
Ahmedabad, DeshGujarat, 29 November, 2008
Former Chief Minister of Gujarat Shri Chhabildas Mehta(84) expired in Ahmedabad’s SAL hospital today at 4:50 pm due to prostrate problem. Today at 12:30 am when his health was critical he talked to Morari Bapu on phone.
After sudden death of Chimanbhai Patel, Mehta became Chief Minister of Gujarat for 13 months duration from February 17, 1994 to March 14, 1995 . Earlier he was a cabinet minister in Chimanbhai’s ministry. Closeness with late Prime Minister PV Narsimharao was instrumental factor in making Chhabildas a Chief Minister of Gujarat.
A politician who emerged from the Praja Samajwadi party, Chhabildas Mehta joined Congress became a Chief Minister and later on resigned from the Congress in May 2001 to join the NCP. He had lost assembly election from Mahuva which was his native and regular constituency. In last election his grandson, Amit Mehta contested from Mahuva but he too lost the election.
Gujarat Chief Minister Shri Narendra Modi in his condolence message remembered Chhabildas Mehta’s role in Maha Gujarat movement which led to formation of separate Gujarat state in 1960.
- List of Micro Containment areas in Ahmedabad as declared by AMC
- Gujarat Covid19 case total 16,794
- List of containment zones in Gujarat
- 'કેન્સર કોવિડમાં દેવરામભાઈની યોગ્ય ઓળખ પછી જ પ્રોટોકોલ પ્રમાણે અંતિમ સંસ્કાર કરાયા છે'
- AMC to limit containment areas to certain parts of wards; all bridges to reopen
- Cyclonic storm likely to reach near Gujarat coast by 3rd June: IMD