Modi performs ground breaking of Rs 1000 crore Dishman SEZ(Video)December 23, 2008
Modi performs ground breaking of Rs 1000 crore Dishman SEZ
Ahmedabad, DeshGujarat, 23 December, 2008
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi today performed groundbreaking ceremony of Dishman Group’s Pharma, Fine Chemicals and Engineering Special Economic Zone(SEZ). The SEZ is located at 40 kms from Ahmedabad near Bavla-Bagodara on 300 acre land with the initial investment of Rs 1000 crore.
Dishman Group’s president Janmejay Vyas on this occasion said that the SEZ would be operational in year 2010 which is the Golden Jubilee year of the Gujarat state. The SEZ would provide employment to 50000 people through 100 industries.
Speaking at this occasion Chief Minister Narendra Modi said “Gujarat has become a benchmark of development. Even at the time of global recession Gujarat is continuously attracting new projects and investment. Perhaps it is only Gujarat where amidst severe global economic slowdown, new SEZ’s groundbreaking ceremony is taking place. In recent past Gujarat had prestigious Nano project and before that we had the metro rail project in Vadodara’s Savli which could become operational in just 13 months time.”
Energy minister Saurabh Patel, Member of Parliament Ratilal Verma, MLA Kantibhai Lakum, leading industrialists, farmers etc. were present at this occasion.
- Annual cost of Gujarat government's plane and helicopter over Rs. 7 crore
- IITGN gets state-of-the-art Transmission Electron Microscopy facility
- E-challans are now issued for traffic rules violations in 41 cities/towns in Gujarat: Govt
- Indian Oil to invest over Rs 588 crore on capacity expansion of its LPG terminal in the port city of Kandla in Gujarat
- Over 17,000 selected by 1,269 companies in 30 mega placement camps: Gujarat govt
- MoU signed for setting up 4 desalination plants in coastal Saurashtra, Kutch