BJP panel all set to control Gujarat Cricket AssociationMay 29, 2009
BJP panel all set to control Gujarat Cricket Association
By our correspondent
Ahmedabad, DeshGujarat, 29 May, 2009
Gujarat’s Minister of State for Home and BJP leader Amit Shah’s panel defeated rival Congress leader Narhari Amin group in Central Board of Cricket Ahmedabad(CBCA) elections on Friday.
CBCA victory is important for Amit Shah and his group because traditionally, CBCA dominates the cash rich and powerful Gujarat Cricket Association which is presently presided by Narhari Amin, a former Deputy Chief Minister of Gujarat. Narhari controls GCA for more than one and half decade. He is elected President of GCCA till 2011. However it has become certain that Amit Shah will bring in a no confidence motion soon to topple Amin before his term ends.
Narhari Amin group faced humiliating defeat as it could secure only 30 votes while Amit Shah’s panel got majority of 140 votes.
Election was held under the supervision of a retired Gujarat High Court judge as per the Supreme Court order.
- In pictures: Amdavad ahead of Trump-Modi visit
- 3 dead in fire in cloth label printing factory in Ahmedabad city of Gujarat
- Gujarat CM to receive US President and Indian Prime Minister at Road Show: State govt.
- 'Outsider' leopard that killed a deer in a Gujarat zoo finally caught
- Donald Trump Nagarik Abhinadan Samiti meeting held
- 12-member delegation accompanying U.S. President Trump