Veteran Gujarati music composer Kshemu Divetia deadJuly 30, 2009
Veteran Gujarati music composer Kshemu Divetia dead
By our correspondent
Ahmedabad, DeshGujarat, 30 July, 2009
Veteran Gujarati music composer Shri Kshemendra Viramitra Divetia, popularly known as Kshemu Divetia(85) is no more. He passed away today morning in Ahmedabad’s Medisurge hospital after illness.
Born in 1924, Kshemu Divetia had composed award winning music for Kanti Madiya’s Gujarati film ‘Kashi no dikaro.’ This was the first and the last film that he worked for.
But Kshemubhai’s main contribution to the world of Gujarati music was ‘Sangitsudha’, a set of 10 cassettes containing songs of 35 poets, sung by 26 different artists.
Kshemubhai was trained in music by his Gurus – Jaysukhlal Bhojak, Hamid Hussainkhan and V.R.Athwale. He started composing songs while working with Akashwani, All India Radio, Shrutivrund and Rangmandal drama instiute way back in 1950s. Kshemubhai’s wife Sudhaben was also a famous singer.
Best of Kshemu Divetia
-Radhanu naam tame
-Dariyaamaa hoy ene Moti kehvaay
-Gorama ne paanche aangaliye pujyaa
-Maari aankhe kankunaa suraj aathamyaa
- Gujarat CM approves Rs. 1411 crore lift pipeline project for Dhanera and Tharad talukas
- Jalyatra held ahead of Ahmedabad Rath Yatra 2023
- RMC disposes of 145kg of stale material from ghughra production site
- Surat Police nabs one for allegedly coercing Hindu female to marry him
- Innovative bicycles made by 74 year old cycling enthusiast from Vadodara
- CM and Gujarat BJP cancel events in wake of Balasore train tragedy
- Rescue operation underway after 2-year-old girl falls into borewell in Jamnagar