Hanumanji was born in Gujarat, govt plans Ram trail in DangSeptember 22, 2009
Hanumanji was born in Gujarat, govt plans Ram trail in Dang
By our correspondent
Ahmedabad, DeshGujarat, 22 September, 2009
Did you know this?
Lord Hanuman was born in Gujarat.
Shri Hanumanji is believed to have been born at a place called ‘Anjani Kund’ in Southern Gujarat’s tribal Dang district.
State Minister of Health and Tourism Jaynarayan Vyas on Monday said, “Gujarat will develop a ‘Ram trail’ based on the journey Shri Ram, Mata Sita and Bhai Lakshman undertook in southern Gujarat.”
The trail according to Shri Vyas include places like Sita Van, Ram Sarovar, Unai, Shabari Dham(Subir), Anjani Kund and Anjani Parvat(hill) in Dang district. The original name of Dang district was Dandakaranya.
It is believed that when Lord Hanuman was flying to Lanka carrying a mountain from the Himalayan ranges with the Sanjeevani booti(a life giving medicinal-plant) to save Laxman from death, a piece of the mountain dropped over Gujarat’s Dangs district, which is Anjani Parbat.
Unai on the foothills of the Dangs is a place where Sitaji wanted to have a bath, but there was no water. Shri Ram using his bow and arrow pulled out the water from the ground. The place Unai was originally called ‘Hu nahi’, this is because when Sitaji finished bath, she said ‘Hu Naahi'(I had a bath). The water stream is even today flowing from the ground at Unai.
Subir is another village of the district connected with Ramayana. It was this place where Shri Ram enjoyed fruits given by his devotee Shabari. The name of the village Subir was Shabari originally.
Lord Hanuman’s birth place is identified as ‘Anjani Kund’ by locals.
- Gujarat govt studying UP and MP laws on Love Jihad: Nitin Patel
- Multipurpose Sports complex, cricket ground inaugurated in Bibipura
- Gujarat CM inaugurates mega mid-day meals kitchenbuilt by Reliance Foundation in Jamnagar
- Night curfew in four major cities of Gujarat extended further
- Ram Janmabhumi Mandir fund collection in Gujarat: Rs. 18.61 crore from Morari Bapu, 11 crore from Govindbhai Dholakia, 5 crore from Kabutarwala
- ટોચના પાંચમાં કોનું ઉતરાણનું કમ્યુનિકેશન કેવું રહ્યું?
- Jamnagar to have a State level Sports Museum named after Jam Ranjitsinh: Rupani
- માધવસિંહના યુરોપ પ્રવાસની પૂર્વભૂમિકા