Modi to celebrate Diwali on Indo-China border in SikkimOctober 15, 2009
Modi to celebrate Diwali on Indo-China border in Sikkim
By our correspondent
Gandhinagar, DeshGujarat, 15 October, 2009
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi who celebrated first day of year 2009 with Border Security Force jawans in Rann of Kutch and distributed sweets among them, is now ready to spend his Diwali with jawans on China border.
Modi today arrived on a three-day visit to Sikkim apparently to relax in the sylvan surroundings of the Himalayan state.
He visited the wildlife park at Bulbuley, Directorate of Handloom and Handicraft at Zero point, Hanuman Tonk and Institute of Tibetology Studies at Tadong.
It is said that Modi is carrying out this three-day Sikkim tour to take stock of the tourism growth of this Himalayan State.
Sources told, Modi will call upon the Governor and Chief Minister Pawan Chamling. He is scheduled to visit the Nathu La border on October 16 before visiting some tourism spots in South and West Districts on October 17.Mr. Modi will be leaving Sikkim on October 18.It is informed that the Gujarat Chief Minister’s visit taken suddenly and the officials here were intimated only yesterday afternoon about the visit.
There is no prior agenda or planning attached with his agenda but it is informed that Mr. Modi is keen to learn about the tourism growth of Sikkim.
Modi in Sikkim refused to take questions from mediapersons.
Modi will attend a dinner at Chamling’s residence tomorrow.
- Ahmedabad as Chair City for 6th Urban 20 (U20): Over 35 international participating cities
- 20 ITIs of Gujarat affiliated for short-term courses on drones
- Greenfield Airport at Dholera likely to be ready by December 2025: Govt
- ACB Gujarat nabs a TRB cop in rural Bharuch for taking hafta
- Vedanta appoints David Reed as CEO of its semiconductor business
- PM Modi dedicates to the nation the HAL Helicopter Factory in Karnataka
- Another death due to stray bull menace in Gujarat
- IPS Hasmukh Patel given additional charge as Chairman of Gujarat Panchayat Recruitment body