Minority Hindus attacked again in Ahmedabad’s ShahpurOctober 18, 2009
Minority Hindus attacked again in Ahmedabad’s Shahpur
By our correspondent
Ahmedabad DeshGujarat, 18 October, 2009
Minority Hindus were attacked again by Muslims in Ahmedabad’s Shahpur area, this time on Diwali.
According to sources, the minority Hindu people in Shahpur’s Nagorivad and Ghanchi na dela locality were enjoying crackers on Diwali night when they were attacked by Muslims of Nagorivad. Muslims – Mohammad Saijad Mohammad Hissain Luhar, Nadim Lukman Luhar, Mohammad Nazeer Aslam Nagori, Farhan Faruk Nagori, Isfakbhai Nagori. According to sources, the Muslims first objected firing of crackers and then start attack on Hindus. Heavy stone pelting on both sides following this invited police to intervene. Police have detained five Muslims in this case.
- CM inaugurates private multi-specialty hospital in Bopal
- 5000 sacks of paddy reduced to ashes, mobile tower damaged in two incidents of fire in Gujarat
- Now I want Harmeet to see playing and winning medals in Olympics: Arjuna award winner Gujarat TT player's mother
- Ahmedabad witnessing rain in the late evening
- Gujarat govt. soon to declare 'saffron' coloured plain tiger butterfly as state butterfly
- Arjuna Award for Ravindra Jadeja