Minority Hindus attacked again in Ahmedabad’s ShahpurOctober 18, 2009
Minority Hindus attacked again in Ahmedabad’s Shahpur
By our correspondent
Ahmedabad DeshGujarat, 18 October, 2009
Minority Hindus were attacked again by Muslims in Ahmedabad’s Shahpur area, this time on Diwali.
According to sources, the minority Hindu people in Shahpur’s Nagorivad and Ghanchi na dela locality were enjoying crackers on Diwali night when they were attacked by Muslims of Nagorivad. Muslims – Mohammad Saijad Mohammad Hissain Luhar, Nadim Lukman Luhar, Mohammad Nazeer Aslam Nagori, Farhan Faruk Nagori, Isfakbhai Nagori. According to sources, the Muslims first objected firing of crackers and then start attack on Hindus. Heavy stone pelting on both sides following this invited police to intervene. Police have detained five Muslims in this case.
- In pictures: Amdavad ahead of Trump-Modi visit
- 3 dead in fire in cloth label printing factory in Ahmedabad city of Gujarat
- Gujarat CM to receive US President and Indian Prime Minister at Road Show: State govt.
- 'Outsider' leopard that killed a deer in a Gujarat zoo finally caught
- Donald Trump Nagarik Abhinadan Samiti meeting held
- 12-member delegation accompanying U.S. President Trump