Two Jain Monks killed in a road accident near NakodaNovember 12, 2009
Two Jain Monks killed in a road accident near Nakoda
By our correspondent
Ahmedabad, DeshGujarat, 12 November, 2009
In a tragic incident, two Jain monks – Shree Jambu Vijay Ji Maharaj Saben and Shri Namaskar Vijay Maharaj Sabeb, walking towards Jaisalmer were mowed down by a speeding Toyota Qualis car on Nakoda-Jaisalmer road in Rajasthan.
Police sources said Monks had set out for Jaisalmer after halt in Nakoda teerth. A Toyota Quallis crushed them while they were walking on the roadside.
According to sources Shri Dharmaghosh Vijay Ji Maharaj Saheb who was also in a group of monks was injured and hospitalized in critical condition.
This is second such tragic incident in just three days. On 10 November four Jain Sadhvis were killed in a road accident on Mehsana-Unjha highway.
Majority of Jain monks never use any type of vehicle in their life. They just walk barefoot. In last some years, accidents have killed and injured dozens of Jain monks on Highway side.
- Afghan students living in Ahmedabad, Gujarat; a feature
- Overhead water tank fall slightly differently than as planned during demolition in Ahmedabad
- Art and Music galore at Dhal Ni Pol Festival
- Procurement of groundnut at MSP begins across 145 centers in Gujarat
- Nityanand Ashram case: Father of the two ladies approaches Gujarat High Court, files habeas corpus petition
- Moderate tremor of 4.3 intensity in Kutch district of Gujarat, no damage reported