Two Jain Monks killed in a road accident near NakodaNovember 12, 2009
Two Jain Monks killed in a road accident near Nakoda
By our correspondent
Ahmedabad, DeshGujarat, 12 November, 2009
In a tragic incident, two Jain monks – Shree Jambu Vijay Ji Maharaj Saben and Shri Namaskar Vijay Maharaj Sabeb, walking towards Jaisalmer were mowed down by a speeding Toyota Qualis car on Nakoda-Jaisalmer road in Rajasthan.
Police sources said Monks had set out for Jaisalmer after halt in Nakoda teerth. A Toyota Quallis crushed them while they were walking on the roadside.
According to sources Shri Dharmaghosh Vijay Ji Maharaj Saheb who was also in a group of monks was injured and hospitalized in critical condition.
This is second such tragic incident in just three days. On 10 November four Jain Sadhvis were killed in a road accident on Mehsana-Unjha highway.
Majority of Jain monks never use any type of vehicle in their life. They just walk barefoot. In last some years, accidents have killed and injured dozens of Jain monks on Highway side.
- Gujarat govt approves development of grasslands in 91 Panjrapols
- 8 dead in Shrey hospital fire incident in Ahmedabad
- In pictures: Celebrations in Gujarat over groundbreaking of Ram Janmbhumi Mandir
- AMC declares 24 more Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 17
- 1073 new cases of Covid-19 in 24 hours in Gujarat, 23 deaths, 1046 recoveries
- 10 hour power to farmers in North and Central Gujarat from August 7
- Detailed concept plan of proposed Ram Janmabhumi Mandir in Ayodhya
- In pictures: PM Narendra Modi's mother Hiraba watching Live telecast of Ayodhya event