“Ambedkar didn’t choose Islam or Christianity for conversion”April 27, 2010
“Ambedkar didn’t choose Islam or Christianity for conversion”
Ahmedabad, DeshGujarat, 26 April, 2010
Dr. B R Ambedkar always worked for the unity of society and even when he converted, he converted to Buddhism, and not to Christianity or Islam, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi said today.
“Ambedkar gave up Hinduism but did not convert to Muslim or Christianity. He converted to a religion, Buddhism, which was originated in Hindustan like Hinduism,” Modi said here during the release of his book ‘Samajik Samarasta’ which is a compilation of articles and speeches of Modi on Ambedkar and various social issues.
According to Modi, Ambedkar and Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel are two leaders who have not received their due in post-independent India.
Modi said Ambedkar always strived to achieve Samajik Samarasta (social assimilation) in the society which was divided into castes, sects and class.
- Gujarat ACB nabs Chief District Medical Officer cum Civil Surgeon taking bribe for nod to liquor permit renewal
- Jio furthers its commitment to reduce gender gap in digital adoption
- Thakor Sena core committee put a seal on Alpesh and Jhala's wearing saffron robe in near future
- Acharya Dev Vrat appointed as new Governor of Gujarat
- 6 booked in Kankaria Lake Front amusement ride accident case
- BJP releases manifesto for Junagadh civic election