Luggage trolley,golf car services launched at Ahmedabad railway stationMay 04, 2010
Luggage trolley,golf car services launched at Ahmedabad railway station
Ahmedabad, DeshGujarat, 4 May, 2010
Ahmedabad Railway station has launched hand push luggage trolley service at Ahmedabad railway station. Such trolleys are always available at airports, but for railway station, it is a new initiative. The railway will initially charge Rs 5 per luggage trolley from commuters. As of now, the service is available only for platform no.1, but after new elevators and escalators become functional by the end of this year, the trolley service will be introduced at all platform of Ahmedabad railway station.
According to divisional railway manager of Ahmedabad Shri Ashok Garud, the initiative has been taken following a guideline from the Western railway headquarter. The facility would be launched in Rajkot, Surat and Vadodara railway stations too in future.
Also launched on Tuesday was a golf car service for senior citizens and physically challenged persons.
- PM Modi to visit Zydus Cadila Pharma's vaccine development facility in Gujarat on Saturday: Nitin Patel
- Five dead as fire breaks out in covid hospital in Rajkot
- Bullet train project: NHSRCL signs country’s biggest infrastructure contract
- AMC announces 32 more Micro Containment Zones in Ahmedabad
- Anuradha Paudwal conferred with Tana Riri Award by Gujarat govt
- Highest 1560 new cases of coronavirus reported in a day in Gujarat: State health department
- Those tested positive for Covid in private labs should get AMC and AMC linked beds: Nitin Patel
- Ahmedabad SOG Police nab a Pakistani woman