15 injured after a Hindu wedding procession attacked in BorsadMay 25, 2010
15 injured after a Hindu wedding procession attacked in Borsad
Anand, DeshGujarat,25 May, 2010
Anand district’s Bordas taluka based Dahemi witnessed communal clash twice in last one week. The latest incident happened in the night, day before yesterday. But let’s start the story from beginning.
On 19th of this month, four Muslims attacked a Hindu wedding procession passing by Jumma mosque here and injured three Hindus. Borsad police had arrested four Muslims for this act, but they were released soon. Villagers say, this made their moral high to do it again. Later police had deployed its staff outside the mosque. But according to villagers yesterday when another Hindu wedding procession passed on this road at around 11.15 pm, the Muslims attacked it even though there was police force deployed. When Muslims started attacking Hindu wedding procession, police remained there as mere spectator. This caused injury to 15 persons who were later taken to hospital. Borsad police had to lobb six tear gas shells to control the situation.
- Padma Awards 2020 announced: Balkrishna Doshi, Shahbuddin Rathod, HM Desai, Yazdi Karanjia, Bilakhia, Prof Jagdish Sheth among awardees
- Main State level Republic Day event in Rajkot, Governor to hoist tricolour in presence of CM
- Class-room smooch video of students of central Gujarat school goes viral
- Likelihood of light non-seasonal rain in parts of Saurashtra and Central Gujarat on January 27, 28: IMD Director
- Congress leader and ex-Bhanagar APMC chairman Jajadiya joins NCP
- 11 Bangladesh nationals living illegally in Ahmedabad city of Gujarat nabbed