E-Voters registration begins from 2nd August in GujaratJuly 29, 2010
E-Voters registration begins from 2nd August in Gujarat
Gandhinagar, DeshGujarat, 29 July 2010
For the first time in India, State Election Commission Gandhinagar is exploring E-Voting options, under the initiative (1) The voter may cast his vote in the ward identified by Election Commission from his Laptop or P.C. (2) If the voter seeks E-Voting option and he is not having Internet facility than (2) he can cast his vote from E-Polling Stations. Necessary directives have been issued to Municipal Commissioners of all the Corporations and Election Staff.
E-Voting initiative, on experimental basis, may be implemented by State Election Commission for the upcoming Municipal Corporation’s elections in Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara, Bhavnagar, Jamnagar, and Rajkot.
Arrangements are already made at Civic-Centres so that the voter may give his application for E-Voting options. Municipal Commissioners are instructed to make wide publicity of E-Voting option, which is being explored for the first time in India. State Election Commission has appealed voters to seek the benefit of On-Line Voting Facility.
E-Voters Registration programme would begin from 2nd August, for further details the voters may access Web-Site: www.sec.gujarat.gov.in
- CMO nod for Rs. 216 crore Panam oriented water supply scheme; 53 ponds to be filled with water
- Man accuse of posting fake records of Chief Minister's vehicle online nabbed from Surat
- Leopard kills 70 year old woman in village near Gir East
- PM Narendra Modi leaves for a week-long America visit
- Corporate tax slashed to 22% for domestic, 15% for new domestic manufacturing companies
- Gujarat ACB nabs forester red handed taking Rs 10 lakh bribe from contractor