E-Voters registration begins from 2nd August in GujaratJuly 29, 2010
E-Voters registration begins from 2nd August in Gujarat
Gandhinagar, DeshGujarat, 29 July 2010
For the first time in India, State Election Commission Gandhinagar is exploring E-Voting options, under the initiative (1) The voter may cast his vote in the ward identified by Election Commission from his Laptop or P.C. (2) If the voter seeks E-Voting option and he is not having Internet facility than (2) he can cast his vote from E-Polling Stations. Necessary directives have been issued to Municipal Commissioners of all the Corporations and Election Staff.
E-Voting initiative, on experimental basis, may be implemented by State Election Commission for the upcoming Municipal Corporation’s elections in Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara, Bhavnagar, Jamnagar, and Rajkot.
Arrangements are already made at Civic-Centres so that the voter may give his application for E-Voting options. Municipal Commissioners are instructed to make wide publicity of E-Voting option, which is being explored for the first time in India. State Election Commission has appealed voters to seek the benefit of On-Line Voting Facility.
E-Voters Registration programme would begin from 2nd August, for further details the voters may access Web-Site: www.sec.gujarat.gov.in
- One held in rural Navsari for selling samosa stuffed with cow beef
- Dwarka peeth Shankaracharya Sadanand Saraswati visits tribal homes in Dang district; Dedicates Anna Kshetra Bhavan
- Gujarat Congress to get new state unit chief and in-charge soon; meetings on in Delhi
- 10 km long traffic jam on national highway near Vadodara
- Fishermen warning till June 15 amid Cyclone Biparjoy; Rainfall likely in Gujarat during June 9-13
- Jio introduces exciting plans with Jio Saavn Pro subscription for music lovers
- Disney Hotstar to offers free viewing for all mobile users during Asia Cup and ICC Men's Cricket World Cup 2023