Court asks SIT to probe allegations against Teesta JavedNovember 03, 2010
Court asks SIT to probe allegations against Teesta Javed
Ahmedabad, 3 November, 2010
A special designated riot case court in Ahmedabad, on Wednesday asked the Special Investigation Team to probe the allegation by Rais Khan, former coordinator of NGO Center for Justice and Peace (CJP), against social activist Teesta Setalvad.
Khan had filed an affidavit claiming that he should be examined as a witness so that he could throw light on some facts of the case on how the witnesses were “tutored, cheated and made to sign false affidavits” by Teesta Setalvad. Apart from Gulbarg case, Khan has also filed a similar application in Naroda gam riot case.
In his application, Khan said, “I am an important link which can throw light on how the victims and witnesses were tutored, cheated and made to sign false affidavits by Teesta Setalvad in the name of ‘interest of community'”.
The court asked the Supreme Court-appointed Special Investigation Team, probing the 2002 riot cases, to record statement of Khan on the affidavits, applications and statements of witnesses in the Gulburg case. The order passed by designated judge B U Joshi also asked SIT to investigate Khan’s statement and submit report in court by November 18.
- List of Micro Containment areas in Ahmedabad as declared by AMC
- Gujarat Covid19 case total 16,794
- List of containment zones in Gujarat
- 'કેન્સર કોવિડમાં દેવરામભાઈની યોગ્ય ઓળખ પછી જ પ્રોટોકોલ પ્રમાણે અંતિમ સંસ્કાર કરાયા છે'
- AMC to limit containment areas to certain parts of wards; all bridges to reopen
- Cyclonic storm likely to reach near Gujarat coast by 3rd June: IMD