And now get ‘omnipresent’ Modi’s greetings with RTO documentsDecember 22, 2010
And now get ‘omnipresent’ Modi’s greetings with RTO documents
Gandhinagar, 22 December, 2010
Some years back Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi started sending greetings to the students with their board exam certificate. Thus Modi reached millions of homes with his message and photograph along with an important document.
But now ‘omnipresent’ Mr. Modi’s greeting will also come with RTO license and R.C.book. This will be a part of state government’s new scheme to dispatch important RTO documents at doorstep of the applicant.
Chief Minister Narendra Modi today launched Swarnim Single Window for Applications, Re-engineering Process with New Delivery Initiative in Modernized-RTO, in short SWARNIM-RTO, to replace driving license and the RC Book.
As per the scheme, nearly 20-lakh vehicle owners and drivers would get the new cards at their doorstep, with personal greetings from the CM.
It is being implemented in collaboration with India Post, beginning with Ahmedabad, Rajkot and Surat. Besides bringing transparency, it will motivate people observe traffic rules. At present, about 26,000 people have to visit the RTO offices daily.
The launching function was attended by Transport and Finance Minister Vajubhai Vala, Additional Chief Secretary B.K> Sinha, Transport Commissioner J. P. Gupta, Chief Post Master General Humera Ahmed, among others.
- A 900 bed full fledged Covid hospital to come up at GU convention centre in two weeks
- AMC announces 31 new Micro Containment Zones in Ahmedabad city
- Gujarat adds 6690 Covid cases in a day, 67 deaths
- Drive Through Covid19 RTPCR Test at GMDC ground of Ahmedabad tomorrow: AMC
- 20% beds in designated private Covid hospitals to be filled through 108 ambulance: AMC
- AMC seals laboratory for issuing unauthorized RTPCR reports
- Namo Covid Isolation Centre opened in Surat in presence of CR Patil
- Oxygen requirement up at 600 tonnes against 250 tonnes earlier: Gujarat CM