New international cricket stadium, auditorium opened in SuratFebruary 26, 2011
New international cricket stadium, auditorium opened in Surat
Surat, 26 February, 2011
A new auditorium and stadium were opened today at Veer Narmad South Gujarat University(VNSGU) in presence of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in Surat.
The stadium is named as C.B.Patel cricket stadium. It is constructed over 3.75 lakh sq. ft open land of Veer Narmad University. Bharthana’s leading farmer Raju Giju and Kamlesh Patel have constructed this stadium within one and half year period.
The stadium is spread over 3.50 lakh sq ft in size. It has 2 lakh sq. ft ground developed as per the standards of international cricket stadium. 1.50 lakh sq. ft area of ground has green carpet matching to world-class South African cricket stadium. The stadium has capacity to accommodate 35,000 people. It is suitable to host international cricket matches and IPL.
It is interesting to note that Chief Minster Modi only had performed ground breaking of this cricket stadium in November 2009. The VNSGU had received a donation of Rs five crore from Kamlesh Patel, an ardent cricket fan in the city, to build a cricket stadium on its campus and an MoU was signed between the donor and the university officials. The donor was at that time felicitated by the chief minister at a function on the campus.
Chief Minister Narendra Modi today also dedicated Rs. 5.48 crore state-of-the-art auditorium which is the largest auditorium of Surat with capacity to accommodate 1200 people. This 41684 sq. ft auditorium is centrally air conditioned. It has seminar hall, stage, changing room and other basic facilities.
A boys hostel with capacity of 100 students was also inaugurated today.
In another function, Chief Minister Narendra Modi and Governor Dr. Kamla Beniwal attended the convocation ceremony of Vir Narmad South Gujarat University of Surat. Modi launched a book ‘Dipe Aruni Prabhat’ and translation of 30 articles written on Narmad.
- Reliance Jewels celebrates 12th Anniversary with ‘Aabhar’ collection
- In a surprising 'U' turn, Bhajan singer Hemant Chauhan a day after wearing saffron, claims he had not joined BJP
- Rupani, Nitin, Jadeja to travel to Goa tomorrow to participate in a meeting chaired by HM Amit Shah
- Gujarat cabinet decides to allot 31 hectare land in Waghodia for Rail University at 50% of market price
- Entire claim process under Gujarat Social Group (Public) Accidental Insurance Scheme soon to be online: Govt
- Narmada dam water level at historic 133.19 meter mark at 3 pm on August 21