CM expresses grief over death of children due to measles vaccineMarch 16, 2011
CM expresses grief over death of children due to measles vaccine
Ahmedabad, 16 March, 2011
Chief Minister Shri Narendra Modi has expressed deep grief over the death of children that happened due to measles vaccine at Rambaug hospital of Adipur in Kutch.
It is very painful incident and state government, considering it a very serious one, has given immediate orders for a high level probe into the matter, he said.
Chief Minister expressed his condolence to the distressed families and said that state government has announced an assistance of Rupees one lakh to the families of all the children who lost their lives. State government will ensure strictest punishment for all – whosoever is responsible for this sad incident, he said.
Chief Minister informed that entire stock of this measles vaccine has been withdrawn from the state with an immediate effect and samples have been sent for laboratory examination by the Food and Drug control department of the state.
Chief Minister added that vaccination is very helpful to keep the child healthy but it is painful if some child meets with untimely death due to it. State government has taken this incident with utter seriousness and will conduct a strict probe into it, he said.
- Bullet train project: NHSRCL signs contract for construction of 21 km tunnel including India’s First 7 Km long undersea rail tunnel
- Gujarat govt announces E-Pass system for students commuting in GSRTC buses
- Valsad collector orders closure of dilapidated bridge on Vanki river due to safety concerns
- Senior Congress leader Govabhai Rabari likely to join BJP
- Over 55,000 policemen in Gujarat to get CPR training on June 11
- Rainfall likely in Gujarat during June 9-12; Fishermen warning till June 14 amid Cyclone Biparjoy
- Rajkot BJYM cadre Karan Sorathiya arrested in attempt of murder case