Petrol dearer by about Rs. five per litre from midnightMay 14, 2011
Petrol dearer by about Rs. five per litre from midnight
Ahmedabad, 14 May, 2011
There’s yet another fuel price hike which is to be effective from midnight today. The government of India allowed state-run oil marketers to raise petrol price today. As a result, Oil companies have hiked petrol price by Rs. 5 per litre.
The government controls price of diesel, cooking gas and kerosene. State-run oil marketers are free to revise petrol price but never do it without a cue from the oil ministry’s.
PTI reports that hike in prices of Diesel and LPG are unlikely to be hiked as of now.
Crude slid below $100-level on the news of Osama bin Laden’s killing on May 2. The development lifted expectations of stability in West Asia and pushed up the dollar against all major currencies.
- AMC seals 376 paan shops in a day in a major drive
- Mahesh Vasava led BTP's two Rajasthan MLAs to abstain from Gehlot govt floor test
- AMC declares 12 new Micro Containment Areas, removes existing 6
- Reliance 1st online AGM to feature brand-new virtual platform, Chatbot
- Highest daily spike of Covid-19 cases recorded in Gujarat
- HSBC to set up IFSC Banking Unit at GIFT City Gujarat