US Navy warning centre issues cyclone formation alertJune 09, 2011
US Navy warning centre issues cyclone formation alert
Ahmedabad, 9 June, 2011
The US Navy’s Joint Typhoon Warning Centre (JTWC) has issued a cyclone formation alert in the Arabian Sea in line with its watch for further intensification of the weather system in east-central basin.
According to JTWC, formation of a significant tropical cyclone is possible within a 160 NM radius of 18.7N 69.E within the next 12 to 24 hours. Available data does not justify issuance of numbered tropical cyclone warnings at this time. Winds in the area are estimated to be 28 to 33 knots. Metsat imagery at 082032z indicates that a circulation center is located near 18.7N 69.8E. The system is moving northwestward at 01 Knots.
In its remark about this situation JTWC further says, the area of convection previously located at 19.1N 69.7E is now located near 18.7N 69.8E, approximately 180 NM west of Mumbai, India. Animated infrared satellite imagery shows persistent deep convection along the southewestern quadrant of the low level circulation center (LLCC).
If eventually possible cyclone moves northwest then it will be heading towards the Gulf of Eden; if north it would go towards Karachi, Pakistan; and if northeast towards southwest or south Gujarat.
- AMC seals famous food joints for pandemic rules violations
- Jio Cricket Play Along begins with cricket season
- Gujarat CM announces Rs. 3700 crore package for assistance to farmers hit by excess rains
- Gujarat Assembly Monsoon Session 2020: Details of first day of business
- 'કૃષિ સુધાર બિલ ૨૦૨૦'માં માત્રને માત્ર ખેડૂતોના હિતોનું જ ધ્યાન રાખવામાં આવ્યું છે: સી.આર.પાટીલ
- Congress MLAs protest govt practice of giving fine collection targets to traffic cops
- Gujarat Chief Minister's remark ahead of start of Gujarat Assembly Monsoon Session 2020
- Two Universities in Gujarat to get national status