Naika, Machhu-2, Ashapura dams overflowJuly 10, 2011
Naika, Machhu-2, Ashapura dams overflow
Surendranagar, 11 July, 2011
Surendranagar district’s Naika dam started overflowing today in the afternoon after heavy rain in its catchment areas of Chotila and Muli talukas.
Naika dam’s 15 gates out of total 34 are opened to release overflowing water.
Gautamgadh, Kukada, Godavari and Shekhpar villages located in the down stream are alerted for possible flood.
District’s lifeline like Bhogavo river has got new life with water flowing in it and level increasing rapidly.
Similarly, Machhu-2 dam located near Rajkot district’s Morbi town is overflowing. Ten gates of this dam are opened by the administration to release extra water.
Rajkot district’s Ashapura dam has also started overflowing. This dam is located near Gondal.
Low lying villages in downstream areas are alerted.
- AMC, AUDA, GMRC building roads to World's largest cricket stadium at Motera ahead of its opening
- Gujarat to launch 1,302 programmes to ensure not a single child remain undernourished in Anganwadis by next R-Day: CM
- ACB Gujarat nabs husband of Sarpanch and cluster coordinator for taking bribe to pass bills of toilets built under SBM scheme
- Netherlands to participate as partner in Global Potato Conclave 2020 in Gujarat
- EAM S Jaishnkar to visit Narmada district during January 28-29
- Gujarat asks Qatar for long-term gas supply at reduced price