Muslims who repaired Rath during Rathyatra honoredJuly 11, 2011
Muslims who repaired Rath during Rathyatra honored
Ahmedabad, 11 July, 2011
The Muslims who had voluntarily welded broken hook of wooden Rath during Ahmedabad’s annual Rath Yatra in Muslim dominated Dariapur area were honored by Ahmedabad Police on Monday.
Police Commissioner Shri Sudhir Sinha honored Mohammad Arif, Mohammad Asif, Ahmed Hussain and Shahid on Sunday at Dariapur police station in a function. They were given certificates of appreciation.
It should be mentioned that Ahmedabad’s Rath Yatra passes through about half a dozen Muslim dominated areas on the route.
This year like past many years, the Muslims overwhelmingly welcomed Rath Yatra, they volunteered by setting up stalls to offer free water and sweet drink. They welcomed Jagannath Mandir’s Mahant in groups, took prashad and also repaired a hook of the Rath when Rath yatra had to be halted due to broken hook of wooden Rath.
- Afghan students living in Ahmedabad, Gujarat; a feature
- Overhead water tank fall slightly differently than as planned during demolition in Ahmedabad
- Art and Music galore at Dhal Ni Pol Festival
- Procurement of groundnut at MSP begins across 145 centers in Gujarat
- Nityanand Ashram case: Father of the two ladies approaches Gujarat High Court, files habeas corpus petition
- Moderate tremor of 4.3 intensity in Kutch district of Gujarat, no damage reported