Ford kicks off construction of Sanand car plantSeptember 05, 2011
Ahmedabad, 5 September, 2011
Ford India officials today performed a ground breaking ceremony for its new, state-of-the-art integrated car manufacturing facility in Sanand, Gujarat.
Ford is investing approximately USD 1 billion to build new vehicle manufacturing and engine plants in Gujarat. The new manufacturing facility will create 5,000 jobs, and will be able to initially produce 240,000 vehicles and 270,000 engines per year. The first vehicles and engines are scheduled to come off the line in 2014.
“With this groundbreaking, Ford is planting the seeds for a prosperous future in Sanand for our future employees, suppliers, dealers and customers. As good corporate citizens we will be first-rate stewards of this land and active participants in this community,” said Michael Boneham, president and managing director, Ford India.
“Today is another milestone and reinforces our commitment to aggressively grow the Ford brand in India and offer a full range of exciting, fuel-efficient vehicles to Indian customers,” he added.
- HSBC to set up IFSC Banking Unit at GIFT City Gujarat
- PM Modi interacts with Google CEO Sundar Pichai ahead of $10 billion India Digitation Fund announcement by Google
- AMC hikes fine for spitting and mask rule violation
- Indian Army to order 72,000 assault rifles from America through Fast Track Procedure
- 138 land plots at GIDC, Chhatar Mittanna, Tankara to be allocated by e-draw through video conferencing
- 3 Months Extension for Re import of Cut and Polished Diamonds