Ford kicks off construction of Sanand car plantSeptember 05, 2011
Ahmedabad, 5 September, 2011
Ford India officials today performed a ground breaking ceremony for its new, state-of-the-art integrated car manufacturing facility in Sanand, Gujarat.
Ford is investing approximately USD 1 billion to build new vehicle manufacturing and engine plants in Gujarat. The new manufacturing facility will create 5,000 jobs, and will be able to initially produce 240,000 vehicles and 270,000 engines per year. The first vehicles and engines are scheduled to come off the line in 2014.
“With this groundbreaking, Ford is planting the seeds for a prosperous future in Sanand for our future employees, suppliers, dealers and customers. As good corporate citizens we will be first-rate stewards of this land and active participants in this community,” said Michael Boneham, president and managing director, Ford India.
“Today is another milestone and reinforces our commitment to aggressively grow the Ford brand in India and offer a full range of exciting, fuel-efficient vehicles to Indian customers,” he added.
- Coast Guard rescues fishermen in distress off Gujarat coast
- Works for Surat Metro rail project to start in June 2020: Gujarat govt.
- Even as operation to nab man-eater leopard underway, the beast injures a woman
- Vadodara rape case: Ahmedabad police crime branch nabs culprits
- Union Minister Naqvi inaugurates Hunar Haat of minorities at Sabarmati Riverfront
- Gujarat government to move 8 bill during three-day assembly session starting from Dec. 9