Gujarati Poet Natvarlal Pandya ‘Ushnas’ passes awayNovember 06, 2011
Ahmedabad/Vapi, 6 November, 2011
Veteren poet Shri Natvarlal Pandya ‘Ushnas’ passed away today. He was 91.
Usahnas, born in Vadodara’s Savli(28-9-1920)town. After having education in Mehsana, Siddhpur, Savli and Dabhoi he passed B.A with Sanskrit in Vadodara’s M.S.university in 1942. In 1945 he passed M.A. with Gujarati as main subject from same university. Later he worked in Rosery high school, Garda college(Navsari), arts college(Valsad). He became Gujarati Adhyapak Sangh’s President in 1979. In 1976 he travelled to Europe, Canada and America. In 1959 he received Kumar chandrak. He received Narmad gold medal in 1971 and Ranjitram gold medal in 1972. He also received Sahitya Academy award in 1976.
His first poetry collection published was Prasoon(1955) followed by Nepathye(1956), Aardra(1959), Manomudra(1960), Trun no grah(1964), Spand ane Chhand(1968), Kinkini(1971), Bharat darshan(1974), Ashvatth(1975), Rupana Lay(1976), Vyakul Vaishnav(1977), Pruthvine Paschim Chahere(1979) and Shishulok(1984).
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi remembering ‘Ushnas’ today said in his public meeting in south Gujarat’s Vapi that Ushnas was a son of Valsad district and son of Gujarat. Modi recollected how he used to read poetry of Ushnas when he was in school.
- List of Micro Containment areas in Ahmedabad as declared by AMC
- Gujarat Covid19 case total 16,794
- List of containment zones in Gujarat
- 'કેન્સર કોવિડમાં દેવરામભાઈની યોગ્ય ઓળખ પછી જ પ્રોટોકોલ પ્રમાણે અંતિમ સંસ્કાર કરાયા છે'
- AMC to limit containment areas to certain parts of wards; all bridges to reopen
- Cyclonic storm likely to reach near Gujarat coast by 3rd June: IMD