After opposed by Muslims,construction of BAPS mandir stoppedJanuary 11, 2012
Amreli, 11 January 2012
District Collector of Amreli has repordedly asked Shri Bochasanvasi Akshar Purushottam Sanstha (BAPS) not to go ahead with construction of its new mandir in Amreli district’s Damnagar.
BAPS started construction of a mandir on Chhabhadia road of Damnagar over a land which local Muslims claim is their old burial ground.
Last week, when local Muslims opposed construction of mandir, local DySP and Deputy Collector had to reach Damnagar to intervene into the matter.
On 9th of this month, the district collector called both parties to a meeting at district headquarter. The collector assured both parties that old revenue records will be thoroughly checked and proper decision will be taken then after. The Collector directed BAPS to halt construction work till then.
- ADNOC and RIL sign agreement to explore development of Ethylene Dichloride facility in Ruwais
- ACB nabs broker of woman Councillor of SMC taking bribe of Rs 50,000 on her and her husbands behalf
- Nityanand Ashram habeas corpus case: Young daughters of complainant didn't appear, next hearing on Dec. 20
- From the Gujarat Assembly
- Bodies of 4 youths missing with car found from a road-side water-body in Saurashtra
- A leopard captured from the area in Gujarat where such man-eater beast mauled several people