Bhadra plaza development project from 26 January, watch in imagesJanuary 13, 2012
Ahmedabad, 13 January 2012
Shri Guruprasad Mohapatra, Commissioner of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation today said that the AMC is all set to start the first phase work ambitious Bhadra Plaza Development Project(BPDP) in wall city area. The first phase involves the works on the stretch that connects Bhadra court and Tran darwaja.
AMC had inked MoU with Archaeological Survey of India(ASI) for this project that involves landscaping and betterment of 600-year old Bhadra fort and surrounding area.
Rs 74.39 crore project of development of the area between Bhadra fort and Tran darwaja has been approved under JnNURM scheme.
Design and detail project report of this project has been prepared by Ahmedabad based CEPT university.
Facilities including signage, lighting, benches, fountain, landscaping, attractive street furniture are parts of this project which is to be completed in one year as per the AMC plan.
As a part of this project of development of plaza, Karanj women’s police station, UCO bank and taxi stand will be shifted. The AMC is discussing the issue with them in this regard.
The area between Bhadra fort and Tran darwaja will be declared as pedestrian plaza.AMC and city traffic police will soon come with a notification for traffic diversion therefore.
A museum and city centre will be developed at Bhdra fort. Other works like public toilet, parking, gardens, road development, street light, rickshaw and taxi stand and lighting over the historical buildings are to be completed under the project.
A pedestrian bridge connecting Sabarmati river front and pedestrian plaza of Bhadra-Tran darwaja stretch will be built under the project.
In total the project will include following works:
-Plaza works between Bhadra court and Tran darwaja.
-Restoration of Bhadra fort.
-Development of Azamkhan Sarai area for multidimensional usages.
-Pedestrian bridge connecting Bhadra fort and a heritage park on Sabarmati river front.
-Development of Lal darwaja bus stop with multi storage parking facility.
- Gujarat govt studying UP and MP laws on Love Jihad: Nitin Patel
- Multipurpose Sports complex, cricket ground inaugurated in Bibipura
- Gujarat CM inaugurates mega mid-day meals kitchenbuilt by Reliance Foundation in Jamnagar
- Night curfew in four major cities of Gujarat extended further
- Ram Janmabhumi Mandir fund collection in Gujarat: Rs. 18.61 crore from Morari Bapu, 11 crore from Govindbhai Dholakia, 5 crore from Kabutarwala
- ટોચના પાંચમાં કોનું ઉતરાણનું કમ્યુનિકેશન કેવું રહ્યું?
- Jamnagar to have a State level Sports Museum named after Jam Ranjitsinh: Rupani
- માધવસિંહના યુરોપ પ્રવાસની પૂર્વભૂમિકા