“Dance please Mayor sir, Narendra Modi would not be angry with it,” when Praful Dave made Ahmedabad Mayor dance(Video)January 22, 2012
Ahmedabad, 22 January 2012
Mayor of Amdavad city Asit Vora is generally known as serious, closed and introvert person. Some journalist friends describe him as tough nut to crack, but same Mr. Vora was for a moment made dance yesterday by legendary Gujarati folk singer Praful Dave.
In his felicitation function, Dave first proposed that he would like to make Mayor dance today. Dave sought support of audience present in Tagore hall. Dave went to Mayor and requested him to at least dance for a moment symbolically.
Dave told Mayor Asit Vora how he had earlier made the Mayors of Junagadh, Bhavnagar and Jamnagar dance successfully.
He said he had even made them Mayor of Junagadh Shri Mahendra Mashru dance.
Reluctant initially, Mayor Asit Vora later succumbed to Praful Dave’s request when Dave told him that Modi saheb would not get angry if he would dance.
Vora stood up and clapped and later for a moment raised his hands in a style of dance. After shaking hand with Dave, he quickly took his seat.
Some employees of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation who were dancing too, appreciated Mayor’s gesture.
Later in his speech Dave thanked Mayor for accepting his request. Praful Dave added, “Junagadhs’ Mahendra Mashru is known as a serious person, but he too danced on my request after I told him that if he would not dance, I would make his complain to Narendra Modi.”
Dave said, “singing is easier, but not dance, because when kirtan reaches its ultimate height, then only nartan begins.”
“A person has to leave his ego to dance,” Dave further said thanking the Mayor.
last dhamki nacho
- Clean chit to then CM Narendra Modi in Nanavati Mehta Commission report part - 2 tabled in Gujarat Assembly
- Live: Union Home Minister Amit Shah tables Citizenship (Amendment) Bill in Rajya Sabha
- ADNOC and RIL sign agreement to explore development of Ethylene Dichloride facility in Ruwais
- ACB nabs broker of woman Councillor of SMC taking bribe of Rs 50,000 on her and her husbands behalf
- Nityanand Ashram habeas corpus case: Young daughters of complainant didn't appear, next hearing on Dec. 20
- From the Gujarat Assembly