Khadia’s Sunday morning with crowds, kites and Amitabh BachchanJanuary 29, 2012
Ahmedabad, 29 January 2012
Bollywood star Amitabh Bachchan’s figure was hurt while flying kite on the roof of local BJP MLA Bhushan Bhatt’s house in Kameshwar ni pol. Bachchan was immediately given band-aid, after which he resumed kite flying.
Shri Bachchan is in Gujarat for the shooting of Gujarat Tourism ad campaign.
For a TV advertisement on Ahmedabad’s famous kite flying festival, Shri Bachchan reached wall city area of Khadia in the morning. The crowd was so excited to watch a glimpse of a star that local police faced tough time controlling it.
The atmosphere was jubilant when Shri Bachchan opened sun-roof of his land rover car and gave appearance.
During today’s shooting, Shri Bachchan’s kite was cut by other kite fliers several times.
All roofs nearby were full of the people. Some people said they enjoyed today’s mock Uttarayan, more than the real Uttarayan.
Shri Bachchan may leave for Mumbai to attend Filmfare award function today evening. He will come back tomorrow morning to shoot at Siddhpur, Vadnagar and Ambaji.
- Gujarat CM inaugurates mega mid-day meals kitchenbuilt by Reliance Foundation in Jamnagar
- Night curfew in four major cities of Gujarat extended further
- Ram Janmabhumi Mandir fund collection in Gujarat: Rs. 18.61 crore from Morari Bapu, 11 crore from Govindbhai Dholakia, 5 crore from Kabutarwala
- ટોચના પાંચમાં કોનું ઉતરાણનું કમ્યુનિકેશન કેવું રહ્યું?
- Jamnagar to have a State level Sports Museum named after Jam Ranjitsinh: Rupani
- માધવસિંહના યુરોપ પ્રવાસની પૂર્વભૂમિકા
- Flyovers on Sarkhej - Gandhinagar road, new Narmada river bridge to complete by August: Nitin Patel
- AK Sharma joins BJP after resigning from Indian Administrative Service