Sindhis want Sindh in India?Modi gives example of JewsMarch 24, 2012
Ahmedabad, 24 March, 2012
Participating in Chetichand celebration of Sindhi community in Ahmedabad, Chief Minister Shri Narendra Modi today said that a grand Jhulelal pilgrim place will be built near Narayan Sarovar in Kutch through the contribution of society.
Proposed Zulelal Dham will come up over a 72-acre land and it could be the tallest construction in the world.
Referring to the stage anchor’s wish that Sindh become a party of India one day, Shri Modi in his speech said that Jews had no place of their own in the world, and for 2500 years whenever one Jew met another Jew, they wished to meet in Jerusalam next year. For 2500 years this community saw a dream, and today the dream is accomplished. If those who dream have strength, everything is possible, Shri Modi said.
Shri Modi said that today, the way the world is becoming one due to technology and world trade, this changing feature of the world is full of possibilities, we all should go ahead towards these possibilities and the changing world.
In the event organized by Sindhi community at Ahmedabad’s Sabarmati river front, Shri Modi congratulated Sindhi community for keeping Sindhi culture alive.
Chetichand Sindhiyat Divas celebration committee’s Convener Shri Narendra Somani, MLA Dr. Mayaben Kodnani among others were present on this occasion.
- Likelihood of light non-seasonal rain in parts of Saurashtra and Central Gujarat on January 27, 28: IMD Director
- Congress leader and ex-Bhanagar APMC chairman Jajadiya joins NCP
- 11 Bangladesh nationals living illegally in Ahmedabad city of Gujarat nabbed
- Rupani opens Flower Show, Weapon Show in Rajkot
- Japanese delegation led by Kobe Mayor hold meeting with Ahmedabad Mayor
- Diamond trader to leave worldly life, become monk with wife and two daughters in Surat