President of Zambia Michael Sata on private visit to GujaratMarch 24, 2012
By DeshGujarat News, Ahmedabad, 24 March 2012
The 75-year-old Zambian President, Michael Sata landed at Ahmedabad’s Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport in a chartered flight on Thursday at around 10.00 pm for prostate(unconfirmed) related medical treatment.
Sata is accompanied by three member personal crew including his wife Christine Kaseba ( a medical doctor ) and his spokesperson George Chella.
Sata is known as King Cobra in his home country.
Sources told DeshGujarat that he is undergoing treatment at Samved hospital, Navrangpura. This hospital majorly deals with the patients of prostate, kidney stone and bladder surgery.
As he has been given the state guest status, proper security has been provided at Taj Gateway Hotel near the Ahmedabad airport where he stays.
Back at home in Zambia, Sata’s visit has been declared as private visit. This is the first trip Sata is taking out of Africa from the time he was elected president.
- Gujarat cadre IAS Ajay Bhadoo appointed joint secretary to President of India
- Anandiben Patel appointed as Governor of Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh's threat to stop supply of Narmada water to Gujarat 'childish, unfortunate, shameful, politically-motivated and ill-intended:CM Vijay Rupani
- All of us are fortunate to be a part of the world's largest political party: Nadda in Gujarat
- RIL Q1 results: Profit and revenue beat estimates, Jio reports Rs 891 crore profit, increase of 6.1 percent on sequential basis
- 17 major hospitals in Ahmedabad collected fees from patients with Ma card