Zambian President discharged from Ahmedabad hospitalMarch 25, 2012
By DeshGujarat News, Ahmedabad, 25 March 2012
The 75-year-old Zambian President, Michael Sata was today discharged from the hospital in Ahmedabad.
Shri Sata was discharged from the hospital in the evening, after which he reached the Taj hotel near airport.
A large number of policemen, fire fighter staff members were seen outside the hospital and the hotel for security of the President.
The President of Zambia is expected to leave Ahmedabad tomorrow(unconfirmed).
The Zambian President who is on private visit to India for medical treatment was operated yesterday in city’s Samved hospital.
It is unconfirmed but, possible that the President is in Ahmedabad for the treatment of benign enlargement of Prostate.
At Samved hospital in Ahmedabad, this illness is treated by GreenLight laser (KTP Laser). The treatment is non invasive without bleeding. A patient can start eating and taking fluids within 2 hours of surgery and can be ready to go home in less than 24 hours (without the catheter).
Accompanied by three member personal crew including his wife Christine Kaseba ( a medical doctor ) and his spokesperson George Chella, President Sata arrived at Ahmedabad’s Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport in a chartered flight on Thursday at around 10.00 pm.
Sata is known as King Cobra in his home country.
As he has been given the state guest status, proper security has been provided at Taj Gateway Hotel near the Ahmedabad airport where he stays.
Update on Monday 26 March evening
The President is still in Hotel Gateway of Taj group near the airport.
- Rupani, Nitin, Jadeja to travel to Goa tomorrow to participate in a meeting chaired by HM Amit Shah
- Gujarat cabinet decides to allot 31 hectare land in Waghodia for Rail University at 50% of market price
- Entire claim process under Gujarat Social Group (Public) Accidental Insurance Scheme soon to be online: Govt
- Narmada dam water level at historic 133.19 meter mark at 3 pm on August 21
- Gujarat ACB nabs 3 including RTO clerk and Industry department head clerk for taking bribe
- IRCTC to run Ahmedabad - Mumbai Central Tejas Express