CM inaugurates 25 MW wind farm near Jasdan in RajkotMay 06, 2012
Rajkot, 6 May 2012
Chief Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated 25 MW wind farm of a private firm near Jasdan in Rajkot district today. The wind farm has been set up by Renew Power group and will generate 25 MW of power using 12 wind mills.
Speaking on the occasion the Chief Minister said the state government desires to maximize the usage of all the means of non-conventional energy sources for power generation.
State’s wind power generation capacity has increased to 3000 MW from mere 51 MW in 2002. The state government has also planned to exploit the ample of sun energy which is available in Gujarat. The state’s project of generating solar power by installing solar panels on Narmada canals has shown a way to the world, he said.
Chief Minister said that the state government’s vision is of sustainable development that will benefit not only the present but the future generations also. Gujarat aims at an eco-friendly development, he said.
Suzlon group’s chairman Tulsi Tanti said that out of his experience in 32 countries he can say that Gujarat is unparalleled in attracting the investors due to the policies of the present state government. Due to its geographical position, Gujarat is ahead of other states in wind and solar power generation. Those who invest in Gujarat in power sector start getting profits earlier compare to the other states.
Giving details of the project, Sumit Sinha, chairman of the company said that the project will generate 5,29,89,480 unit of green power. The company aims at installing 400 MW of operating capacity.
Former MP Vijay Rupani, MLA Bharat Bodhra, District BJP President Laljibhai Savaliya, Jyantibhai Dhol, District Collector Dr.Rajendrakumar and industry leaders were also present on the occasion.
- Commissioning of Naval Air Squadron 314 with newly inducted CS Doriner in Porbandar next week
- Union Territories of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu to be merged
- Nityanand Ashram case - "Missing" sisters issue new video, put forth five conditions for coming to India
- Passport of Swami Nityanand had expired in September 2018, he is trace-less since then: Police
- NHAI gears up for introducing FASTag on National Highways from 1st December
- Nityanand Ashram case: 2 more including DPS principal arrested, laptops, mobile phones seized from Ashram