Narendra Modi announces state’s approval to Surat Metro train projectAugust 11, 2012
Surat, 11 August 2012
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi today performed ground breaking for 17 development works worth Rs 1240 crore in Surat. Shri Modi dedicated five development works worth Rs 44 crore in same function.
Speaking in a function Shri Modi announced that state government has taken a decision to approve Metro train project for Surat.
It should be mentioned that Surat Municipal Corporation (SMC) had sanctioned Rs 1 crore to conduct a feasibility study for its metro rail project early this year.
As per the SMC proposed rail link will be a part of an integrated rapid mass transport system along with Bus Rapid Transport System (BRTS) to cater to the future needs of the city. It is estimated that for a 100 km of metro rail in Surat city, about Rs 17,500 crore would have to be spent.
- Violence in Viramgam during local polls phase 2
- Covid-19 vaccination for dialysis and transplant patients begins at IKDRC
- Polling for Gujarat local elections phase-2 covering over 2.5 crore voters on Sunday
- AMC announces five more Micro Containment Zones
- ACB Gujarat nabs a cop in Rs. 5,000 bribe case
- A woman full of life dies of suicide after making a video; husband booked
- TV reports on hike in fertilizer prices false, misleading, Congress sponsored: Faldu
- Gujarat High Court to have its channel on Telegram app