Gujarat Congress launches its first election theme songAugust 24, 2012
Ahmedabad, 24 August 2012
Gujarat Congress today launched the first theme song of its election campaign in the state.
“This is the first theme song which is part of our election campaign,” said Gujarat Congress President Shri Arjun Modhwadia in a press conference called for launching of the song CD.
“On occasion of birth anniversary of Narmad who had also written a song ‘Jay Jay Garvi Gujarat’ which has become almost an anthem for Gujarat state we attempt to salute the pride of the state through launching this theme song,” said former President of Gujarat Congress Shri Siddharth Patel.
He said, Gujarat’s 15 famous artists have given their voice in this song, video shoot of which will be done soon. He refused to share the cost involved in making of this song.
He said various FM radio channels have been playing this song since today morning, and a quiz competition to identify the artists involved in this song is going on via SMS.
Speaking to the media, Congress leader Shankersinh Vaghela said that Narmad’s famous picture presents him raising his finger. “We wish six crore Gujaratis will also raise their fingers,” he added.
- In pictures: Amdavad ahead of Trump-Modi visit
- 3 dead in fire in cloth label printing factory in Ahmedabad city of Gujarat
- Gujarat CM to receive US President and Indian Prime Minister at Road Show: State govt.
- 'Outsider' leopard that killed a deer in a Gujarat zoo finally caught
- Donald Trump Nagarik Abhinadan Samiti meeting held
- 12-member delegation accompanying U.S. President Trump