Narendra Modi dedicates Khilkhilat, Amrutam, GMSC(Photos/Videos)September 04, 2012
Gandhinagar, 4 September 2012
Gujarat Chief Minister Shri Narendra Modi today dedicated Amrutam scheme for free treatment to poor people. He also flagged off Khilkhilat ambulances that are to be used to drop mother and new born child to their home. The Chief Minister also dedicated a newly formed Gujarat Medical Service Corporation on this occasion.
In his speech Shri Modi said that if this was not an election year, today’s this initiative could be seen as the best step in India and particularly in Gujarat.
Speaking about Amrutam scheme, Shri Modi said that this is unique new step in entire country. Using a smart card provided by the government, a poor citizen of this state will be able to access 47 hospitals of the state for treatment of serious diseases.
Speaking on launching of Gujarat Medical Services Corporation, Shri Modi said, “(Congress)people steal our ideas. There’s so much bankruptcy that they don’t get original idea. We mentioned formation of GMSC in out budget in March 2012, and today we are implementing the scheme, while they(the Congress party people in Gujarat) gave promise that they would do so(if elected to power).
Shri Modi spoke about how in past pregnant women had to struggle to reach home after delivery with a new born baby.
Shri Modi congratulated the 108 ambulance team and said that Gujarat government has given special color code to Khilkhilat vans, and even its horn doesn’t make ambulance like siren tone.
Khilkhilat ambulances are pink in color, with cartoons over its body, and funny horn that sounds like a smiling child’s voice
- Afghan students living in Ahmedabad, Gujarat; a feature
- Overhead water tank fall slightly differently than as planned during demolition in Ahmedabad
- Art and Music galore at Dhal Ni Pol Festival
- Procurement of groundnut at MSP begins across 145 centers in Gujarat
- Nityanand Ashram case: Father of the two ladies approaches Gujarat High Court, files habeas corpus petition
- Moderate tremor of 4.3 intensity in Kutch district of Gujarat, no damage reported