Gujarati film shortlisted for India’s Oscar nomination listSeptember 21, 2012
Ahmedabad, 21 September 2012
Gujarati film Veer Hamirsinhji Gohil is one of the 17 Indian films shortlisted for Oscar Nomination for the category of Best Foreign Language Film.
In the history of Oscar, only three Indian movies Mother India, Salaam Bombay and Lagaan — have managed to make it to the Oscars listing.
The films shortlisted by the Film Federation of India for Oscar Nomination for the category of Best Foreign Language Film includes the names of 17 critically acclaimed Indian movies among which there are 11 Hindi films including-Paan Singh Tomar, Barfi!, Kahaani, The Dirty Picture, Heroine, Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 1 & 2. These films face competition from 6 other regional films including Gujarati film Veer Hamirji – Somnath ni sakhate and SS Rajamouli’s Eega.
Race to the Oscars:-
2)7am Arivu (Tamil)
3)Vazhakku Enn 18/9 (Tamil)
4)Akasathinte Niram (Malayalam)
6)Paan Singh Tomar (Hindi)
9)GoW – part 1 & 2 (Hindi)
10)Arjun – The Warrior Prince (Hindi)
13)The Dirty Picture (Hindi)
14)Ferrari Ki Sawari (Hindi)
16)Veer Hamirji – Somnath Ni Sakhate (Gujarati)
17)Anhey Ghore Da Daan (Punjabi)
The Film Federation of India will select and send one movie as Indian nomination for the category. The finalisation process for the Oscar entry will start from September 18th in Hyderabad and will last until the 26th of this month.
About Veer Hamirji Gohil film
- Reliance Jewels celebrates 12th Anniversary with ‘Aabhar’ collection
- In a surprising 'U' turn, Bhajan singer Hemant Chauhan a day after wearing saffron, claims he had not joined BJP
- Rupani, Nitin, Jadeja to travel to Goa tomorrow to participate in a meeting chaired by HM Amit Shah
- Gujarat cabinet decides to allot 31 hectare land in Waghodia for Rail University at 50% of market price
- Entire claim process under Gujarat Social Group (Public) Accidental Insurance Scheme soon to be online: Govt
- Narmada dam water level at historic 133.19 meter mark at 3 pm on August 21