Modi’s yatra to visit close fight areas on Sunday/MondaySeptember 22, 2012
Ahmedabad, 22 September 2012
-Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s Vivekananda Yatra will enter politically very important areas of Saurashtra where intense political battle is expected in the forthcoming assembly elections.
-Modi has chosen Sunday to go to these areas in an attempt to attract more people to his yatra and public meetings.
-The yatra will start at 1.00 pm at Limbdi and explore Ranpur, Paliad, Botad, Gadhada, Dhasa, Lathi. Some of the seats in these areas are Patel dominated, where Keshubhai Patel led GPP is likely to damage some votes of the BJP.
-Modi’s yatra will reach Amreli in the evening at around 8.30 pm, again a borderline case so far as electoral battle is concerned.
-Modi’s yatra on Sunday will cover the parts of Surendranagar, Ahmedabad, Bhavnagar and Amreli districts.
-On 24 September the yatra will continue to explore Saurashtra. It will leave Amreli at 9.00 am and reach Bagasara, Kunkavav, Gondal, Jetpur and Dhoraji.
Before starting the yatra from Limbdi, Shri Modi will address a Vivekananda Yuva Parishad at Patan. Again Sunday is selected for Patan convention because Patan too is borderline case in this election.
On Monday Shri Modi will complete his yatra route at Dhoraji and will fly to Surat to attend a youth convention there at 5.00 pm.
- Indian community in Texas prepares for ‘Howdy Modi!’ event of PM Narendra Modi during his US tour in September
- Kankaria Lake Front Joy-ride accident case: Court allows 2 more days of remand of 6 accused
- Tax officials including SGST and central excise superintendent held by ACB for taking bribe in South Gujarat
- No good spells of rain likely in Gujarat any time soon
- London based Standard Chartered to start operations at GIFT city shortly, will become first foreign bank at the IFSC
- BJP working president JP Nadda on two-day Gujarat visit from Friday