Modi announces textile park, irrigation schemes for SurendranagarSeptember 23, 2012
Ahmedabad, 23 September 2012
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi today made an announcement to set up a new textile park in Surendranagar district. Modi said the district not only will supply cotton, but will process it and produce fiber and textile here. Not only this but the final product will be exported from the coast of Saurahtra only. Modi said the youths of Surendranagar will get employment in proposed textile park. More youths will be employed here compare to the proposed plant of Maruti.
Speaking at Limbdi in Saurashtra during his Vivekananda yatra, Shri Modi announced Rs 56 crore package for Narmada canal oriented irrigation scheme in two lakh acre land of Limbdi, Chuda and Vadhvan. He also announced Rs 200 crore for irrigation scheme covering 2.75 acre land of Dhrangadhra, Vadhvan, Halvad, Dasada and Lakhtar. Modi said these schemes will change the look of Surendranagar district.
Attacking the Congress party, Shri Modi said that while Congress was distributing papers on Rakshabandhan day, we supplied Narmada water through the canals. Modi said the Congress party was showing dreams of Narmada water for last three generations. The Congress government in centre doesn’t permit to construct gates over the Narmada dam, which shows their direction of working, Modi said.
- Charas worth over Rs 1.20 crore seized from car in North Gujarat, 2 nabbed
- Gujarat CM to visit Delhi to attend first meeting of CMs panel on agricultural reforms
- Honda under its CSR initiative 'Sapno Ki Udan', will provide 100% scholarship to 20 girls for becoming commercial pilots
- L&T Construction led JV secures significant contract for 100 MLD Desalination Plant at Dahej in Gujarat
- Six Congress party Councillors in Botad municipality join BJP
- GUJCOST to hold RoboFest - Gujarat to promote innovation and intelligence among young minds