Modi opens two new BRTS routesDecember 25, 2012
Ahmedabad, 25 December 2012
Gujarat Chief Minister Shri Narendra Modi today dedicated two new Bus Rapid Transit System(BRTS) routes in Amdavad. Shri Modi launched the routes through remote control on the stage at Kankaria lake front.
The new routes will connect existing RTO BRTS stand with Visat-Gandhinagar junction(4.5 km) and Sola cross roads with Sola bridge(Science City approach 3.5 km). Thus the total length of new routes is 8 km.
At present BRTS is functional on 52 km route with 128 buses in service inlcuding 21 AC buses. Everyday 119 buses are used as per the schedule. With the addition of two new routes, the total route is now 61 km long.
One bus would be available at every 6th minute on Maninagar to Visat Gandhinagar junction route. A new route of Delhi Darwaja-Sola bridge will be started. BRTS buses are available to public during 6.00 am to 11.00 pm.
There are total 80 BRTS stands functioning at present. With new 12 bus stations, the figure will touch 92.
At present 1,25,000 passengers use BRTS everyday, contributing Rs 9.50 lakh revenue per day.
- PM Modi to visit Zydus Cadila Pharma's vaccine development facility in Gujarat on Saturday: Nitin Patel
- Five dead as fire breaks out in covid hospital in Rajkot
- Bullet train project: NHSRCL signs country’s biggest infrastructure contract
- AMC announces 32 more Micro Containment Zones in Ahmedabad
- Anuradha Paudwal conferred with Tana Riri Award by Gujarat govt
- Highest 1560 new cases of coronavirus reported in a day in Gujarat: State health department
- Those tested positive for Covid in private labs should get AMC and AMC linked beds: Nitin Patel
- Ahmedabad SOG Police nab a Pakistani woman