Settlement likely in marketing yard cases against RadadiaFebruary 25, 2013
By our correspondent, Rajkot, 25 February 2013
It is believed that as many as 10 cases in cooperative sector against Vitthal Radadia could be taken back after his joining BJP.
Radadia’s politics in Rajkot rural belt is based on his dominance in local market yards, district cooperative bank and Leuva Patel community. To tackle him, BJP men had tried to disturb him in each of this areas.
As many as five cases regarding Rajkot market yard are pending in the Gujarat High Court. Three cases of Dhoraji market yard are pending in the Supreme Court.Two cases of Gondal market yard are also pending in the Supreme Court. Most of the cases are filed by persons closer to BJP.
It is believed that the pathway of holding elections for Rajkot and Dhoraji market yards will be cleared now as Radadia is joining BJP.
There’s no doubt that with Radadia, the BJP will now enjoy complete hold over district’s cooperative bank, dairy and market yards. Congress party which was banking on Radadia and Bavalia in Rajkot rural belt may perhaps not be able to find someone to contest even in these district level elections.
- First glimpses of how Lothal National Maritime Museum would look like
- India strongly deplores personal attacks on French President Macron
- 'India will attack if we don't release Abhinandan by 9 pm' said foreign minister Qureshi: Pakistan MP recounts in Parliament
- Prime Minister Modi to participate in Ekta Diwas Celebrations at Statue of Unity in Gujarat
- Yashpal Jadeja, a key member of Jayesh Patel gang surrenders
- Gujarat govt announces Rs. 356 crore cut in power bills
- Tent City-Kutch to open from November 12
- Gujarat based filmmaker's Gujarati film Mrugtrushna bags an international award