Read the notice to Teesta Setalvad by Gulbarg Society members and application to Police CommissionerFebruary 28, 2013
Ahmedabad, 28 February, 2013
The residents of Gulbarg society, on Wednesday slapped a legal notice to controversial foreign funded NGO operator Teesta Setalvad seeking the money Teesta had allegedly collected through donations for a museum on the society premises. The residents have warned legal actions against Teesta if details of the money is not provided and explanation is not received on why she had not distributed it among the residents who survived the 2002 massacre.
When an English newspaper published from Ahmedabad contacted Teesta, she said she hadn’t received the notice and she didn’t want to comment on the issue.
Last week the residents had submitted an application before the Commissioner of Polices demanding police protection and for a ban on Teesta’s NGO and activists entering the society on February 28.
Read on the legal notice above and application to Police Commissioner below.
Also read Rajya Sabha MP Parshottam Rupala’s letter on misuse of FCRA permission by Teesta Setalvad’s NGO:
- Citizenship Amendment Bill gets nod of Parliament
- Wellness centre opened near Statue of Unity in Kevadia
- GIFT City CEO welcomes Lok Sabha nod to IFSC bill
- Parts of North Gujarat and Kutch likely to see light rain tomorrow
- Bill proposing 50% management quota seats in professional courses passed in State assembly
- DPS case: Court rejects anticipatory bail pleas of MD cum CEO, former trustee of Kalorex foundation and ex-principal