Rs 17,500 crore approved for seven new DMIC cities including DholeraMay 08, 2013
By our correspondent, New Delhi, 8 May 2013
According to information was given by the Minister of State in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry Dr. D. Purandeswari in a written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today, the Government of India has approved financial assistance of Rs 17,500 crore at an average of Rs 2500 crore per city (subject to a ceiling of Rs 3000 crore per city) for the development of the following seven DMIC industrial cities including one city in Gujarat in the first phase:
1. Dadri-Noida-Ghaziabad Investment Region, Uttar Pradesh;
2. Manesar-Bawal Investment Region, Haryana;
3. Khushkhera-Bhiwadi-Neemrana Investment Region, Rajasthan;
4. Pithampur-Dhar-Mhow Investment Region, Madhya Pradesh;
5. Ahmedabad-Dholera Investment Region, Gujarat;
6. Shendra-Bidkin Industrial Park city near Aurangabad, Maharashtra; and
7. Dighi Port Industrial Area, Maharashtra.
The contribution of the State Government will be in the form of land. The process of land acquisition/ land procurement is in progress in the States of Haryana, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat and Maharashtra and master planning has started in Uttar Pradesh. The cities would be launched with the development of townships of 25-50 sq km which are envisaged to be completed by the end of 2019.
In addition to the financial support of Government of India, the Japanese Government has also announced financial support for DMIC project to an extent of US $ 4.5 billion in the first phase for the projects with Japanese participation. It is expected that the development of industrial cities with world class infrastructure would involved/ attract an estimated investment of around US $ 90 – 100 billion over the next thirty years. The employment needed to create the estimated value of output as per Perspective Plan of DMIC is estimated to be 9.1 Million in 2020, 17.5 Million in 2030 and 28.7 Million in 2040.
The following three airports are proposed to be developed under DMIC project:
1. International Airport in Ahmedabad-Dholera Investment Region in Gujarat.
2. Airport near Jodhpur in Rajasthan
3. Aerotropolis in Alwar District, Rajasthan
Under Dholera Special Investment Region in Gujarat, a Six-lane access controlled Highway is proposed to be developed between Ahmedabad and Dholera for which the State Government is undertaking the preparation of a Detailed Project Report.
- Video shows Chinese soldiers crying as they allegedly head to Sino-Indian border
- MoU signed with Israel at iCreate Gujarat
- AMC declares 12 more Micro Containment Areas; clears existing 30
- JIO announces JioPostPaid Plus
- Deepan Bhadran moved as SP Jamnagar as nuisance of a local major organized gang rises
- Tata Motors drives out the 3,00,000th Tiago from its Sanand plant
- Viraat arrives off Alang coast after final journey
- Five Bills on the second day of Monsoon Session of Gujarat Assembly today