“Construction work on Dholera city should be able to start within the next 6 month”May 16, 2013
Ahmedabad, 16 May 2013
Construction work on Dholera city should be able to start within the next 6 month, said Amitabh Kant, CEO and MD of Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corporation(DMICDC) to Financial Express(FE).
Kant further told FE that town planning for two of the total six phases(152 sq km of 540 sq km developable city) of Rs 70,000 crore Dholera city has been done, while the other four are to be done over the rest of the year. 105 sq km land for first phase has been got through land pooling.
DMICDC will first build the trunk infrastructure (roads, sewerage, power lines) with funding from the government and concessional financing from the government of Japan. After construction of a part of the trunk infrastructure —100 km of road/utilities are to be awarded in Dholera within the year, Kant told FE.
Read interesting FE report on proposed development of Dholera city here.
- Video shows Chinese soldiers crying as they allegedly head to Sino-Indian border
- MoU signed with Israel at iCreate Gujarat
- AMC declares 12 more Micro Containment Areas; clears existing 30
- JIO announces JioPostPaid Plus
- Deepan Bhadran moved as SP Jamnagar as nuisance of a local major organized gang rises
- Tata Motors drives out the 3,00,000th Tiago from its Sanand plant
- Viraat arrives off Alang coast after final journey
- Five Bills on the second day of Monsoon Session of Gujarat Assembly today