Rahul Gandhi picks up another Gujarati to play key roleAugust 01, 2013
New Delhi, 1 August 2013
Rahul Gandhi has picked up one more Gujarati and assigned him an important task. He is Deepak Amin.
All India Congress Commitee(AICC) has appointed Deepak Ameen and RV Ramani as Congress party’s media-coordinator. Party leaders will need to take permission from Ameen and Ramani 24 hours in advance before talking to media. The spokespersons would also have to take permission from coordinators before appearing in a TV debate. They will coordinate the presence of its 36 media panelists on various television channels. They will brief media panelists what line would they take. Anyone flouting the new norm will face action. This move of Rahul’s is seen as an attempt to minimise Modi’s role in the Congress agenda for the Lok Sabha polls and prevent him from getting undue media attention following unsavory remarks by Congress leaders.
Deepak Amin’s name was in discussion as Congress candidate in Patan assembly seat in north Gujarat. He is from Seattle (US). He has worked at the party’s 15 Gurudwara Rakabganj Road office, which is described as Congress war room. Amin heads Gujarat Congress’s Environment, Science and technology department.
- PM Modi to visit Zydus Cadila Pharma's vaccine development facility in Gujarat on Saturday: Nitin Patel
- Five dead as fire breaks out in covid hospital in Rajkot
- Bullet train project: NHSRCL signs country’s biggest infrastructure contract
- AMC announces 32 more Micro Containment Zones in Ahmedabad
- Anuradha Paudwal conferred with Tana Riri Award by Gujarat govt
- Highest 1560 new cases of coronavirus reported in a day in Gujarat: State health department
- Those tested positive for Covid in private labs should get AMC and AMC linked beds: Nitin Patel
- Ahmedabad SOG Police nab a Pakistani woman