Dinesh Kalgi’s son arrested for drunken drivingAugust 04, 2013
By our correspondent, Ahmedabad, 4 August 2013
Betting and gambling network operator Dinesh Kalgi is again in news, but because of his son this time.
Kalgi’s 20-year-old son Daksh Thakkar has been booked for drunken driving under section 177,184,185,427 and 279. He has been arrested and will be produced before court on Monday.
Daksh was reportedly coming back from Friendship day party when his car hit BRTS pillar, Torrent power DP and a sign board near Maruti tower at Shivaranjani cross roads. The accident took place at around 4.00 am. The car suffered major damage and its one wheel was totally destroyed, but Daksh stayed unhurt.
According to Satellite police station inspector A.S.Pandya, Daksh was drunk at the time of accident, and he was driving in full speed.
- Main State level Republic Day event in Rajkot, Governor to hoist tricolour in presence of CM
- Class-room smooch video of students of central Gujarat school goes viral
- Likelihood of light non-seasonal rain in parts of Saurashtra and Central Gujarat on January 27, 28: IMD Director
- Congress leader and ex-Bhanagar APMC chairman Jajadiya joins NCP
- 11 Bangladesh nationals living illegally in Ahmedabad city of Gujarat nabbed
- Rupani opens Flower Show, Weapon Show in Rajkot