Junagadh Collector announces live webcast of Girnar Lili ParikramaOctober 23, 2013
File video of Lili Parikrama
Junagadh, 23 October 2013
A meeting chaired by district collector was held in Junagadh to discuss preparedness for Girnar Lili Parikrama this year.
One of the decisions taken was about live webcasting of parikrama online.
Representatives of Sadhu samaj, district forest department, Junagadh Municipal Corporation etc were part of the meeting.
About Lili Parikrama
Around one million Hindus will participate in Girnar’s annual Lili Parikrama(Green pradakshina or circumambulation). The 36-km parikrama started today and end on 28th. According to Gujarati Hindu calendar Parikrama starts from Kartik 11 to 15 every year.
Girnar the tallest mountain of Gujarat is 6 km. from Junagadh city. On an average, about 7 lakh devotees attend the parikrama but as Gir forest has a lush green look after good monsoon this year, it may attract one million devotees. In year 2003 Parikrama had attracted 1.2 million devotees.
According to popular belief, after winning the war at Kurukshetra, Pandavas had done the parikarma to seek God’s blessings.
As the stretch of the Parikrama passes through the forest, it is an adventurous trip for the youngsters. After the rainfall, the ponds and rivers are full of water adding to the scenic beauty of the forest and hills, so this year many more youngsters will participate in the Parikrama. Youngsters see it as solving a dual purpose. They complete a ritual as they enjoy the beauty of Gir forest.
The Parikrama will commence from Girnar Taleti, night halt at Jinabava Madhi, Marvella and Bordevi and return to the starting point on the fifth day.
- Gujarat cadre IAS Ajay Bhadoo appointed joint secretary to President of India
- Anandiben Patel appointed as Governor of Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh's threat to stop supply of Narmada water to Gujarat 'childish, unfortunate, shameful, politically-motivated and ill-intended:CM Vijay Rupani
- All of us are fortunate to be a part of the world's largest political party: Nadda in Gujarat
- RIL Q1 results: Profit and revenue beat estimates, Jio reports Rs 891 crore profit, increase of 6.1 percent on sequential basis
- 17 major hospitals in Ahmedabad collected fees from patients with Ma card