World Heritage Week Celebration in AhmedabadNovember 19, 2013
Ahmedabad, 19 November 2013
World Heritage Week Celebration by the A.M.C. is scheduled during 19th -25th November, 2013.
The City of Ahmedabad is endowed with the rich heritage of more than Six Hundred years. Manek Bruj and remains of old Fortifications, Sidi Sayid Mosque, Swami Narayan Temple- Kalupur, Hatheesing Jain Temple and Havelis and Pol Houses in the Walled City are some of the notable built heritage of the city.
In order to create awareness amongst the citizens about our heritage and help to preserve it, A.M.C. celebrates Heritage Week every year during 19th to 25th November with various programmes.
As a part of the Current Year’s World Heritage Week Celebrations, 2013 the following Programmes have been planned by the A.M.C.
• Photography Exhibition at Sanskarkendra-Museum, Paldi, during 19th-25th Novmber,2013
• Guided Tour to Sanskarkendra-Museum, Paldi for selected school children during 19th-25th November, 2013.
• Illumination of selected heritage monuments/ buildings during the week.
• Catch the Heritage Week Celebrations with heritage experts and Administrators on “Hi Ahmedabad with Dhvanit”on Radio Mirchi 98.3 F.M.
A.M.C is partnering and co-ordinating with various city based organizations in various other programmes being organized during the week. The Citizens of Ahmedabad, particularly School and College students are invited to participate in the above mentioned programmes to enable AMC to take its heritage initiatives to he next level.
- Names of winners of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE awards 2019 announced, 2 of 21 awardees from Gujarat
- Shri Somnath Trust resumes Light and Sound show after monsoon break
- Former PM Shri H.D. Deve Gowda praises the PM for making of Statue of Unity
- IT raids/surveys at various places in Ahmedabad, Large amount of cash, other suspicious details reportedly found
- Nayara Energy inks contract with thyssenkrupp Industrial solutions for setting up petrochemical units in Vadinar of Gujarat
- Vadnagar - Mahesana, Asarva - Himmatnagar DEMU trains launched