Gujarat Cabinet approves Justice D.P.Buch’s name for the post of LokayuktaNovember 27, 2013
Gandhinagar, 27 November 2013
Gujarat’s Council of Ministers at its Cabinet chaired by Chief
Minister Narendra Modi today approved the name of retired judge of Gujarat High Court Mr. Justice D.P. Buch for nomination as the Lokayukt of Gujarat as suggested by the Chief Justice of Gujarat High Court.
The State Cabinet has requested the Gujarat’s Governor to issue the warrant for nomination of retired judge Mr. D.P. Buch as Gujarat’s Lokayukt.
About Justice D.P.Buch(retired)
Judge, High Court of Gujarat(retired)
Born on 22.8.1942 at Veraval in Junagadh District.
Obtained B.Sc. degree in 1963 from Bahauddin College, Junagadh, and Law degree in 1965 from A.M.P. Law College, Rajkot.
Served as under Officer Instructor as Warrant Officer, N.C.C., on full-time basis for two years between August, 1963 and August, 1965.
Enrolled as an Advocate in April 1966, joined Bar at Junagadh, practised in Civil, Criminal, Service and Revenue matters upto 1970.
Joined Gujarat State Judicial Service as Civil Judge (J.D.) and Judicial Magistrate (First Class) in April, 1970.
Was promoted as Assistant Judge in 1984 and then as a District Judge in 1988 at Rajkot, Bharuch and Vadodara.
Also served as Special Officer, High Court of Gujarat for three years.
Also served as Joint Secretary, Legal Department for three years and as Secretary, Legal Department, Government of Gujarat.
Elevated to the Bench of the High Court of Gujarat as Additional Judge on 17.9.1999, continued as Additional Judge on 17.9.2001 and confirmed as Permanent Judge on 26.12.2001.
Retired on 22.8.2004.
- Rajkot based Jyoti CNC manufactures indigenous ventilator machine in 10 days, first 1,000 to be gifted to Gujarat govt
- One of earliest Covid19 patients in Amdavad, writes this message on social media from hospital bed
- Total Covid19 cases in Gujarat 105, of them 14 discharged, 10 dead
- Cluster Quarantine in some area of Amdavad to prevent spread of infection
- One arrested for spreading rumor on social media in Vadodara
- One booked in Palanpur over social media post regarding Tablighi Markaz